“The attack was carried out by the Iranian hacker group called “Charming Kitten
During the last few months, it was discovered that an Iranian hacker group attacked many officers from the Greek Navy. Link to Article
Association of Geo-Strategic Analysis
- Charming Kitten, is also known as APT 35, Newscaster, Ajax Security Team, Phosphorus, and Group 83. Possibly linked to Rocket Kitten The Iranian attack group is well-known in the world and has an infamous reputation. In the past, cyberattacks against US soldiers and military infrastructure as well as American scientists and nuclear infrastructure have been attributed to the group.
- Iranian President Hassan Rouhani spoke with his Turkish counterpart Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Tuesday. Iran’s Tasnim News Agency described the discussions, via video, as working to form the “strong foundation” for future work. Turkish pro-government media characterized the discussions as trending towards high level “cooperation.”
- Iran and Turkey ostensibly back different sides in Syria, but in recent years they have grown closer due to joint opposition to the US and also Israel. Iran and Turkey both back Hamas, for instance.
- The Iran-Turkey emerging warm relationship runs counter to the ideas that have been put forward by commentators, think tanks, experts and strategists that have divided the Middle East into sectarian camps of “Sunni” and “Shi’ite.” Turkey today embraces Iran and pushes for “dialogue with Iran to find possible solutions to problems in their shared region,” Turkey’s president indicated, according to the Anadolu news agency in Turkey. “Dialogue between Turkey and Iran has played a determinant role in resolving many regional problems,” Turkey President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, said at the sixth meeting of the Turkey-Iran High-Level Cooperation Council.
- Iran’s Hassan Rouhani agreed: “I believe our cooperation will return to its previous levels as the epidemic subsides.”